HPS - Human Patient Simulator
The HPS is METI's top-of-the-line, fully automatic, high-fidelity patient simulator specifically designed for training in anesthesia, respiratory and critical care. The patient simulator that brought the patient simulation industry as we know it today is used by more than 75 of all medical schools in the United States.
What differentiates the HPS from any other simulator available on the market today, is it's high level of automatic and enhanced features. The HPS is the only patient simulator with the ability to provide respiratory gas exchange, anesthesia delivery, and patient monitoring with real physiological clinical monitors.
- Pupils that automatically dilate and constrict in response to light
- Thumb twitch in response to a peripheral nerve stimulator
- Automatic recognition and response to administered drugs and drug dosages
- Variable lung compliance and airways resistance
- Automatic response to needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax, chest tube drainage and pericardiocentesis
- Automatic control of urine output